Quality, Consistency and Flexibility
Designed for a wide variety of playing
situations, Rico Royal? is a high-quality reed for serious saxophone and clarinet players, yet is priced affordably to meet the needs of both professionals and students. French filed for freedom of response, especially in the low register, adding clarity to the tone and making soft attacks easier...................
Features & Benefits
Professional-quality reed for all musical applications
Premium grade cane for consistent response and playability
French filed for flexibility and fast response.
Getting the Most Out of Your Reeds
- Be sure to thoroughly break-in and rotate your reeds. Do not play each reed for more than a few minutes in the first days of use.
- The acidity content in one’s saliva may negatively affect the life of a reed. Consider using water to soak your reeds instead.
- Dark spots in the bark of the reed do not indicate that a reed will play poorly.
- Always use a mouthpiece cap when the reed is still on the mouthpiece, but not in use. This prevents reed damage and keeps the reed from drying out. Do not store your reed on the mouthpiece.
- The entire length of the reed vibrates; too much ligature pressure can stifle the vibration, so be careful when tightening the screw(s).
- Storing your reeds properly is important for maintaining stable, well-functioning reeds. The signature reed case features the Reed Vitalizer technology, which regulates the humidity level inside the case and prevents warping.